Brooks Brothers is a well-known brand to most offering clothing for Men, Women, Kids, & Jewelry & Fragrance, plus House & Home items.
Brooks Brothers is an American Classic:
In 1818, Henry Sands Brook founded Brooks Brothers, the first ready-to-wear fashion emporium in America. Since then, they have been proud to have become an institution that has shaped the American style of dress through fashion innovation, fine quality, personal service, and exceptional value in their products.
So for this Fashion Fridays post, we go behind the scenes of Brooks Brothers clothing from head to toe, transforming the average gentleman into a “Definer of Style” one man at a time. I will be listing a few key pieces and trends to consider as we transition from Spring attire moving forward with your Summer wardrobe.
1. Sport-shirts: Dress it up, dress it down, wear it under a blazer, or pair it with a pair of jeans, no matter how you wear a Sport-shirt, you definitely cannot go wrong. The preppy style that is a hot trend right now to go for the casual look, roll the sleeve about a 1/4 inch, wear a V-neck shirt under it to add some depth, and go face the world ready for your day.
2. Gingham Print Shirts: One of my favorite key items of Spring to help accentuate any look whether it be a day at the office, or Happy Hour with some friends, a Gingham print shirt is definitely a hot item you want to keep in your closet. Bow ties & skinny ties are becoming more and more popular throughout the seasons, so pair a striped, solid, or printed bow tie with your shirt & a pair of colored bottoms, and face the day with confidence.
3. Colored bottoms: The brighter the better in my opinion, roll the bottoms up, or leave them down no matter which way you rock them, you can’t go wrong. Colored bottoms are apart of the very popular color blocking trends for ladies & gents. Match a neutral or printed shirt with these pants to make a boring look becoming sophisticated and suave, and don’t forget the blazer(whether solid, striped, or printed).
4. Belts: Men’s accessories have transformed from the days of the past, don’t be afraid to tuck your shirt in and put a nice belt on as well to help bring your look to life. The ladies like a well-dressed and groomed man, so why not give them what they want. Brown or black leather belts, navy, white, coral, or even green can help bring your ensemble together for the right occasion.
5. Saddle Shoes: I know when everyone saw or heard about Saddle Shoes, they start to instantly think of their father or grandfather sporting these with khakis and their favorite Christmas sweater. But as fashion has progressed, Saddle Shoes are back in style in Leather, Suede, and Nubuck and with as many colors as your minds can dream of. Saddle shoes look best with a pair of denim or khakis with the pants legs rolled up to draw more attention to the shoe. Don’t forget those argyle or printed socks to add a special touch to your look.